Nauticus, an Australian fintech company based out of Melbourne has announced the roll-out of its first stage of the company’s bolds plans of launching six ethical global banking and eCommerce solutions using the Blockchain technology.
The first stage involves the launch of a crypto and fiat currency exchange along with the Nauticus Initial Coin Offering (ICO). The Nauticus Coin (NTS) will underpin all the services provided by the company like crypto banking, payments and eCommerce solutions. This means that a single coin will cater to the company’s plans of launching six innovative solutions that span across all types of users including individual, businesses and different sectors of the government.
Upon the launch of the crypto exchange, users will get an access to trade 100 different cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Nauticus Coin and others. Within a time-frame of next 12 months from launch, the company plans to support a total of 300 cryptocurrencies.
Also upon the launch, the exchange will support six fiat currencies USD, EUR, JPY, HKD, AUD and ZAR and this number will extend to 16 fiat currencies a year later. The crypto exchange is expected to be launched by mid-2018.
Through its crypto exchange, Nauticus wants to provide its users a seamless experience of crypto buying/selling without undergoing the current hassles. Nauticus claims that its crypto platform will be able to handle a million transactions a second giving users across the globe the facility to instantly exchange their digital assets at very little fees of just 0.1%.
Apart from the exchange, as Nauticus continues to develop its other services, users will get an easy and quick access to each of them through the Nauticus mobile app or the Nauticus wallet.
Timeline of Nauticus Services
- In 2019, Nauticus will launch a Crypto Mining Center Powered by renewable energy to facilitate faster and cheaper transactions to Nauticus users. The revenues generated here will be contributed towards societal development and future expansion.
- By 2020, Nauticus plans to launch a low-cost eCommerce with a big marketplace with instant payment option using any currency fiat/crypto underpinned by the Nauticus Coin.
- In 2021, the company wishes to launch a merchant payments system as a part of comprehensive business solution using faster and contactless payment settlement methods like Apple Pay, Android Pay, NFC, etc.
- In 2022, the company wants to be a global partner in Blockchain-based KYC verification process. Private and sensitive user information will be protected and shared only after the user’s consent through secured biometric authorization.
- In 2023, the company wants to launch an ICO Gateway and establish other resources including IT, financial, legal, marketing and HR assistance.
Nauticus Coin (NTS) Token Sale
The Nauticus Coin token sale is conducted in the time-period between March 31, 2018 to May 18th, 2018. The tokens are created using the ERC 20 protocol for the Ethereum blockchain. More details regarding the ICO are as below.
Complete details regarding the project can be obtained from the official whitepaper.